#SuzyCouture: Iris van Herpen – Lightness Is All
Complex couture can still seem simple when it reacts to the female form
Iris van Herpen Autumn 2019 couture
But the important message is that, as an imaginative fashion label, the Dutch designer gets increasingly convincing.
Compared to the torturous creations of her earlier days, her current work seems magical in its stylish simplicity - even if in her studio hands are hard at work as in any atelier.
“But I also really like the personal connection that I have with all my architects, scientists; we really need six months to develop the collection and the show cycle is really hard going into the material this deeply,” Iris explained.
Every subject that I discussed had a complex but clear reply, especially when I asked about a dress in subtly different shades.
“The colour red and the colour white are blending into each other and there are two patterns,” she explained.
“So within the thin lines, you see the white going into the red. And within the organza, it’s the other way around. So when you move, the colour gradient starts to become alive.”
Bringing complex technique to life is the Iris van Herpen story. And the message is getting clearer with every season that passes.
- The Fast-Track Solution To Ensuring Your Wardrobe Actually Becomes Sustainable
- #SuzyPitti: Embracing Gender Fluidity And An Ethically Conscious Lifestyle
- #SuzyCruise: Louis Vuitton Revives A Modernist Building At JFK Airport
- A Frou-Frou Fluff Of Feathers At New York’s Met Ball
- 正是喜欢粉色的年纪 正是喜欢Miu Miu的年纪
- Rihanna Designs For Women With Curves
- #SuzyCruise: Gucci – Striding Through Sexuality And Sensitivity
- Manolo Blahnik: A Conversation Between Fashion And Art
- Canada’s Museum Magician Is Lauded In His Homeland